Over 160,000 school children from over 2,300 primary schools watched live to join the world’s biggest harvest festival – Harvest LIVE.
Children went on an adventure through the countryside with two free, interactive live lessons delivered by our NFU Education team.
They explored the fascinating journey their food takes to reach their plates, went behind the scenes of real British farms, and met the people responsible for producing their food, while delivering key STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) objectives.
The fun, hands-on live lessons gave lots of opportunities for children to interact with our expert speakers and ask any questions they have about food and farming. Also included are curriculum-linked resources which they can use before, during and after the live lessons.
For this year’s live lessons, more than double joined us compared to 2021 with over 160,000 primary school children taking part.
Want to catch up?
For children ages 7-11
- Step into the wonderful world of carrots to discover how they are grown, processed, and packed.
- Take an exclusive trip to Louise the scientist’s research field and get involved in a nationwide science investigation.
- Learn how farmers are using cutting-edge science and technology to fight climate change and develop your working scientifically skills.
For children ages 5-7
- Do you know how porridge is made? Meet farmer Hannah and learn all about what happens during a cereals harvest.
- Join children from around the globe to make the world’s biggest combine harvester.