- 50g butter
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 2 rashers bacon, chopped
- 100g chestnut mushrooms
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 100ml cider or white wine
- 200ml chicken or turkey Stock
- 150ml double cream or crème fraiche
- 800g leftover cooked turkey, shredded
- Few chives
- Melt the butter in the pan, and fry the leeks, mushrooms and bacon.
- Add the flour and cook for about 1 minute.
- Gradually add your choice of either cider or white wine and the stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for about 1 minute.
- Take off the heat and add the cream, chives and turkey and heat through thoroughly.
- Serve with pasta or rice.