Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: Under 20 minutes
- 2 x 150g/5oz lean boneless lamb leg steaks
- 15ml/1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 5ml/1tsp dried red chillies
- 5ml/1tsp dried mixed herbs
- Pinch of salt
For the chilli butter:
- 50g/2oz butter, softened
- 2.5ml/½tsp dried chilli flakes
- 15ml/1tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- Remove the steaks from the fridge, transfer to a shallow plate, cover and leave for 20 minutes to bring up to room temperature before cooking.
- To prepare the chilli butter; in a small bowl mix together the butter, chilli flakes and herbs. Mould the butter into a sausage shape, wrap in cling film or foil and refrigerate until required.
- Brush the steaks with oil on both sides. Mix together the dried chillies and herbs and sprinkle over the steaks.
- Cook on a prepared barbecue or under a preheated moderate grill for 6-8 minutes on each side.
- Top with a disc or two of the chilli butter and serve with warm crushed new potatoes with a knob of the chilli butter stirred through and a tomato and cucumber salad.