Keep yourself cool this summer with blackcurrant, pear and apple lollies
Preparation time: 5 mins plus freezing time
Cooking time: 5 mins
- 300g fresh or thawed frozen blackcurrant
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 200ml apple and pear juice
- 4 lolly pop mouldsr four lollies
- Place the blackcurrants and sugar into a pan and heat for a few minutes until the sugar dissolves and the fruit softens.
- Sieve the blackcurrants to extract the liquid only, discarding the pulp.
- Divide the juice into the bottom of the lolly moulds and place in the freezer for about an hour, or until the juice has nearly frozen solid.
- Carefully pour the apple and pear juice on top to fill and return to the freezer for another hour at least, or until the lollies are completely frozen.
Recipe supplied by The Blackcurrant Foundation.