Sprouts aren’t just for Christmas, you know, and they're more versatile than you might realise . Thanks to the Brassica Growers Association for the recipe!
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 300g of Brussels sprouts, trimmed and washed
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 6 slices of Parma ham
- 100g Parmesan cheese grated
- 200g panko bread crumbs
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 egg
- 30g plain flour
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp olive oil for cooking
- Cocktail sticks
- In a roasting pan, drizzle the sprouts with the maple syrup, olive oil and salt and pepper, then roast for 15 minutes at 160C.
- When cooked, let them cool down, then wrap the sprouts with Parma ham and put them onto the cocktail sticks.
- Whisk the egg, then dust the sprouts in the flour and dip in the egg and roll in the breadcrumbs, parmesan and lemon zest.
- Put the breaded sprouts on some baking paper, then bake in the oven 190C for 8-10 minutes.
- Dollop some crème fraiche or Greek yoghurt to dip.