Prep and cook time: 45 min
Cooking skill: medium
- 8 large eggs
- 300 g | 11 oz good-quality lean British sausagemeat
- 300 g | 11 oz British chicken mince
- 1 small bunch chives, chopped
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 70 g | 2 1/2 oz cornflour
- 120 g | 4 oz panko breadcrumbs
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Boil eggs in a saucepan of water for 6 minutes. Remove to a bowl of iced water.
- Drain, crack, and peel. Rinse off any shell and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Combine sausagemeat and chicken mince with half the chives, mustard, and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl, scrunching together.
- Divide into six and gently shape around the eggs, completely enclosing them.
- Place cornflour in a bowl. Beat remaining eggs with some salt and pepper in a second bowl. Place breadcrumbs in a third bowl.
- Dust shaped eggs with cornflour, shaking off excess. Dip into beaten egg to coat, letting excess drip off before rolling in breadcrumbs.
- Arrange on a baking tray, cover, and chill as the oven preheats.
- Preheat oven to 220°C (200° fan) | 425°F | gas 7.
- When ready, bake until golden-brown and cooked through, about 15-20 minutes.
- Let Scotch eggs cool for 5 minutes before serving with remaining chives.