- 1 medium pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic Sea Salt
- 300g risotto rice
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 pints warm chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 glass white wine
- 100g grated parmesan cheese
- Place the diced pumpkin in a roasting tray along with the chopped chilli, garlic salt and a generous dash of cooking oil.
- Roast in a moderate oven for 25 – 30 minutes until the squash is turning golden.
- In a heavy bottomed pan sweat off the onion and garlic in about 50ml oil without colouring.
- Turn up the heat a little and add the rice. Stir well to coat the rice evenly in oil.
- Add the wine and stir until the wine has been absorbed into the rice. Turn the heat back down to and add the roasted squash along with a ladle full of warm stock.
- Stir continuously until absorbed. Keep adding stock, stirring all the time until the rice is al dente.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the parmesan. Serve in warmed bowls.
Recipe by Iain Shillito