Fajitas are a famous family favourite. Our quick and easy pork fajitas recipe, takes less than 30 minutes to prepare and cook and showcases sizzling strips of pork in the starring role.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 16 minutes
Serves: 4 people
- 300g pork stir-fry strips or 4 pork medallions, fat removed and cut into 1cm strips
- Grated zest and juice of 2 limes
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 50g freshly chopped coriander
- 1 x 150g carton fat-free natural yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil soft wholewheat tortillas
For the salsa:
- 6 tomatoes, deseeded and finely diced
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely diced
- In a medium bowl, mix together the pork stir-fry strips, zest and juice of 1 lime, smoked paprika and quarter of the coriander. In a small bowl, stir in another quarter of coriander into the yoghurt and set both aside.
- To make the salsa, mix the tomatoes in a large bowl with the zest and juice of the remaining lime and red onion. Season to taste.
- Heat the oil in a medium frying pan and fry the pork for 1 minute, remove from heat and add 2–3 tablespoons of warm water. Return the pan to the heat and cook for a further 10 minutes, or until the juices run clear.
- Warm the tortillas according to the pack instructions. Spoon some salsa in the centre of each tortilla, and then the remaining coriander, and top with a little pork; add a dollop of yoghurt. Roll up and serve immediately.
Why not try serving with corn tortillas for a truly authentic experience?