Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 8 leeks, trimmed, washed and finely chopped in a food processor
- 2 sticks of celery, roughly chopped, with a few strips left for garnishing
- 50g butter
- 1 tbsp light and mild olive oil
- 1 large baking potato, peeled and diced
- 1.75 litres vegetable stock
- 150ml single cream
- 225g Stilton cheese, crumbled
- Gently sweat the chopped leek and celery in the butter and olive oil for 5 minutes to soften.
- Add the diced potato and stock. Bring to a gentle simmer. Cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Blend in batches in a food processor with the single cream, Stilton and seasonings to a coarse consistency.
- Serve topped with strips of cooked leek, and with warm crusty granary bread on the side.
NFU Countryside has put together a fantastic collection of recipes for our recipe book called 'Countryside Kitchen.' The book, which contains recipes and some of the stories behind the growers of the raw ingredients retails at £15.95 plus P&P. Members can buy the book for £7.95 plus P&P.
Buy your copy here