Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: Under 20 minutes
- 2 x 150g/5oz lean boneless lamb leg steaks
For the marinade:
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 30ml/2tbsp fresh apple juice
- 10ml/2tsp wholegrain or Dijon mustard
- 30ml/2tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- In a shallow dish, mix all the marinade ingredients together. Add the steaks and coat on both sides. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes or if time allows, overnight.
- Remove the steaks from the fridge at least 20 minutes before cooking to bring up to room temperature.
- Cook on a prepared barbecue or preheated moderate grill for 6-8 minutes on each side, or until the meat juices run clear.
- Serve with green beans and a red pepper, rocket and potato salad with mustard mayonnaise.