Lean lamb leg steaks dusted in a combination of dried mixed herbs and chilli flakes then cooked on a prepared barbecue or under a preheated grill.
Steaks are topped with a quick chilli butter made with butter, dried chilli flakes and freshly chopped parsley. Serve with and warm crushed new potato salad with a disc or two of the chilli butter stirred through and salad leaves. A quick, but delicious mid-week meal ready in under 20 minutes.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: Under 20 mins
- 2 boneless lamb leg steaks
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon dried red chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
For the chilli butter:
- 50g butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- To prepare the chilli butter: in a small bowl, mix together the butter, ½ teaspoon chilli flakes and parsley. Mould the butter into a sausage shape, wrap in cling film or foil and refrigerate until required.
- Brush the steaks with oil on both sides. Mix together the dried chillies and mixed herbs, sprinkle over the steaks.
- Cook on a prepared BBQ or under a preheated moderate grill for 6–8 mins on each side.
- Top with a disc or two of the chilli butter and serve with warm crushed new potatoes and tomato and cucumber salad.
Tip: Use the chilli butter on lamb chops or beef steaks.