- 1kg chicken (breasts, wings, and/or drumsticks)
- 500ml buttermilk or plain yoghurt
- 100g cornflour
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp dry oregano
- 1 tbsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 200g crushed tortilla crisps
- 40g plain flour
- 750ml cooking oil
- Marinate the chicken: If using chicken breasts, cut them into slices. Place the chicken in a bowl, and pour the buttermilk over. Let the chicken marinate in the fridge for at least thirty minutes or up to four hours.
- Prepare the breading: Combine the cornflour, paprika, oregano, and salt in one bowl, in another bowl crack the eggs and whisk them and in a third bowl, stir together the crushed crisps and plain flour.
- Cook the chicken: Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Take the chicken out of the buttermilk marinade. Coat it in the cornflour mix, then egg, then the crushed crisps mixture. Carefully place the chicken into the hot oil and cook until it is golden on the bottom side, about 3 minutes.
- Flip and cook on the other side for three minutes more. When the chicken is cooked, place it onto a plate covered with kitchen roll.
- Serve with your favourite dip and enjoy!
Last edited: 03 July 2020 at 00:53
Have your say
Be the first to comment