Brussel sprouts with Applewood smoked bacon, cranberries and red wine
- ½ a red onion
- 6 rashers of smoked streaky bacon
- 500g sprouts
- Red wine
- Fresh cranberries
- Chop the red onion and put it into a frying pan with a little butter to soften.
- Add 6 rashers of smoked streaky bacon, chopped into 1 cm pieces, or buy bacon lardons.
- Steam the sprouts until they start to soften.
- Add a few tablespoons of red wine and a handful of fresh cranberries, simmer and reduce the liquid. Finally, mix together with the sprouts. Best served immediately. Make at the last minute.
Last edited:03 January 2020 at 12:30
Have your say
Be the first to comment