Beef mini roast with mustard crust
- 400-450g lean beef mini roast (a mini topside joint)
- Salt and freshly-milled black pepper
- 2tbsp Dijon mustard or similar
- 2tsp garlic purée
- 1tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 5, 190°C, 375°F.
- In a small bowl mix together the mustard, garlic purée and oil.
- Place the joint on a chopping board, make several slashes over the surface, season and spread with the mustard mixture.
- Transfer to a roasting rack in a medium non-stick roasting tin and roast for 40-50 minutes (for medium). Cover with foil if browning too quickly.
- Remove the joint from the oven, transfer to a warm plate, cover and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes, 20 if time allows.
- Slice the roast and serve with gravy, mini sauté potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
Last edited: 11 February 2020 at 12:16
Have your say
Be the first to comment