A speedy Indian recipe with British beef or lamb mince, garam masala, chopped tomatoes, onion, garlic, ginger, chilli, chopped tomatoes and freshly chopped coriander.
Serves: 4 people
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 450g/1lb lean beef mince
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 x 2.5cm/1inch piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 x 425g can chopped tomatoes
- 1-2 green chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 10ml/2tsp garam masala
- 2 handfuls freshly chopped coriander
- Heat a large, shallow, non-stick frying pan until hot and cook the mince, onion, garlic and ginger for 5-7 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and add the tomatoes, chillies, seasoning, garam masala and half the coriander.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with the remaining coriander and serve with plain basmati rice, poppadums and a cucumber raita, or a selection of relishes.