No British Christmas dinner is complete without stuffing and a good selection of vegetables. If you work with what is in season you can find a wide variety of British fruit and vegetables to accompany your British turkey. To complement your meal select a delicious British wine.
- 900g of cubed bread
- ½ stick (4 tablespoons) of butter
- 1 large diced red onion
- 4 stalks of celery, cut finely
- 2 seasonal British apples and 2 green pears peeled cored and sliced in to wedges, then diced
- 1 tablespoon of parsley and rosemary and ground thyme
- 2 tablespoons of sea salt
- 2 teaspoons of coarse black pepper
- 250ml chicken stock
- Place the cubed bread on a baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately eight minutes at 190°C (375°F) gas mark five.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and add the herbs, pepper, salt and vegetables. Add fruit, then sauté the mixture for about ten minutes.
- Add extra butter if the mixture becomes dry during heating. After ten minutes, the mixture should be soft.
- Blend the bread to create crumbs, combine with the contents of the pan and then add chicken stock. Stuff your turkey!