- 1 tbsp walnut or virgin olive oil
- 8 fresh basil leaves, chopped finely
- 4 Red Tractor chicken breast fillets (about 500g)
- 200g light soft cheese
- 60g peppadew mild whole sweet piquanté peppers, drained and chopped finely
- 160g bag beetroot salad
- 2 apples, cored and chopped
- 50g goji, seed and berry mix
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Place the chicken on a chopping board and make an incision along the sides to create a pocket in each breast. Avoid cutting right through the chicken.
- Place the soft cheese, peppers and basil in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Divide the cheese mixture between the chicken breasts, spooning a little into each pocket. Wrap each chicken breast in a piece of kitchen foil to create a parcel, then place on a baking tray and cook for 20–25 minutes, or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and the juices run clear.
- Place the salad leaves, chopped apple and goji seed and berry mix in a bowl. Drizzle the oil over and toss gently. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
- If you prefer your chicken with a little colour, turn the oven up to 220°C, gas mark 7, then remove the chicken from the oven, unwrap each parcel and, keeping the chicken in its foil, return to the oven for no more than 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Season with cracked black pepper and serve alongside the salad.