- 8 medium Red Tractor chicken thighs
- 2 medium onions, thickly sliced
- 150g can chopped tomatoes
- ½ tsp cumin seed
- 100g dried apricots
- 400g chick peas
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tsp dried cinnamon
- salt and pepper
- If you are using a slow cooker, you can put all ingredients in raw - great to leave cooking away whist you're out.
- Slice the onion fairly thick, drain and rinse the chickpeas, and add the rest of the ingredients to the slow cooker with a little salt and pepper. Put on a low heat for 6 hours.
- You can also cook this dish in much less time on the hob.
- Begin by de-boning the chicken. Heat a large frying pan with some spray oil. Stir fry the onion and chicken for 10 mins until the chicken has browned and onions are soft.
- Add the cumin and tomatoes and cook for a further 10 mins.
- If cooking this dish on the hob you will also need ½ pint of chicken stock.
- Add the stock, apricots, chickpeas, cinnamon, chilli, and seasoning. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 mins until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve with potatoes, couscous or rice.
- Chicken cooked slowly with tomatoes, onions apricots and chick peas.