Serves: 4 (depending on the size of the chicken)
- 1 chicken
- A bunch of fresh herbs
- 50g butter
- Sea salt
- 1 lemon, chopped
- in half
- New potatoes, scrubbed and halved
For the cream cheese
- 2 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 whole clove of garlic
- A good slug of rapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 250g baby spinach
- 200g full fat cream cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 25g parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Put the chicken into a large metal roasting tray, loosen the elastic on the chicken and put the lemon into the cavity.
- Push the herbs and butter between the skin and the flesh of the chicken breast.
- Season the top of the bird with sea salt and pepper.
- Put into the oven and roast for about 20 minutes before turning the temperature down to 180 degrees and adding the new potatoes to the tray to roast in the chicken juices.
- For the cream cheese: peel and finely chop the shallots, put into a hot frying pan with a whole clove of peeled garlic, add the oil and cook until soft.
- Add the butter and then the spinach, a handful at a time, add more as it softens and wilts. Remove the garlic clove.
- Stir in the cream cheese and bubble through, add salt and pepper.
- Scrape into an oven proof dish, sprinkle with parmesan and bake at 180 degrees (in the oven with the chicken) for about 15 minutes.