- 4 skinless Red Tractor chicken fillets cut into strips
- 1 knob of butter
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 small onion, finely sliced
- 150g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 75ml white wine
- 75ml chicken stock
- 1 tsp whole grain mustard
- 1 x 150ml tub soured cream
- bunch of fresh parsley or thyme, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the butter and oil in a large frying pan. Cook the onion for 3 – 4 minutes until soft and beginning to colour. Add the chicken and cook for 5 – 7 minutes until golden brown.
- Add the mushrooms; cook until soft and most of the liquid has simmered off.
- Add the wine and boil for 5 minutes to reduce by half. Then add the stock, mustard and soured cream and bring to the boil. Season and add the parsley.
- Serve immediately over noodles or rice.