- 4 skinless Red Tractor chicken breasts, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 tbsp oil1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 5cm piece of root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded1 tbsp of mild curry paste
- 400ml can of coconut milk
- 1 large mango, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
For the rice and peas:
- 350g long grain rice
- 130g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- Heat the oil in a medium size saucepan over a medium heat and add the onion, garlic, ginger and chilli. Cook for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes, or until sealed and lightly browned.
- Add the curry paste and cook for 1 minute, add 300ml of coconut milk and simmer over a moderate heat for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the mango and coriander, and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- While the curry is cooking, prepare the rice and peas. Cook the rice as per pack instructions. Then, 5 minutes before the end of cooking, add the rest of the coconut milk and red kidney beans.
- Drain and pile the rice onto individual plates, garnished with the spring onions and top with the Caribbean chicken curry.