The creamiest tiramisu with a perfect summertime twist. Indulge in layers of coffee and sweet marsala with a heavy dusting of cocoa on top of neatly piped kisses of vanilla-scented mascarpone and cream. All tied together with a layer of summer berries.
Makes 8-10 jam jar size puddings, or one large bowl serving 8-10
- Ingredients 500g blackberries, raspberries, strawberries 175g sponge fingers (1 packet)
- 400ml double cream, whipped
- 250g of mascarpone (or 250g full fat cream cheese and 2 tbsp of soured cream)
- 1 tsp of vanilla bean paste
- 50g icing sugar
- 50g dark chocolate, grated
- 8 tsp of espresso style instant coffee mixed with 300ml of boiling water
- 50ml marsala
- 2 tbsp of cocoa powder
- Mix up the coffee and water and put in a low wide bowl to cool
- Dip in the sponge fingers, put one side into the coffee mixture and turn over to dip the second side, repeat until they are all done.
- Put a layer of berries in the bottom of your chosen dish and place half of the dipped sponge fingers on top.
- Whip the cream and mascarpone (or cream cheese and soured cream) with the vanilla bean paste, marsala and icing sugar.
- Spread half of the creamy mixture over the sponge fingers, sprinkle with a little cocoa powder and grated chocolate and then put a layer of berries on top. Add another layer of coffee-dipped sponge fingers and then the cream.
- Cover with clingfilm and chill for a couple of hours or overnight in the fridge (you can prepare a day in advance).
- Before serving, top with the remaining grated chocolate and a dusting of cocoa powder.
- If making as individual puddings, break the sponge fingers into smaller pieces before dipping into the coffee.