Baking time: 35-40 minutes
- 150g butter, unsalted and softened
- 115g golden caster sugar
- 115g runny honey
- 1 tsp of orange zest
- 1 tsp of vanilla bean paste
- 3 eggs (large)
- 150ml yogurt
- 150g self-raising flour
- 150g ground almonds
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 225g berries, I used strawberries, raspberries and blueberries but use whatever you can get hold of, chop a little to have similar sized pieces of fruit.
- 1 tbsp of caster sugar
- Chop the fruit and put to one side.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a tin with two layers of non-stick baking paper (this makes it easier to transport for a picnic).
- Cream together the softened butter, caster sugar and honey with the orange zest.
- Beat the eggs together in a jug, add to the mixture a little at a time.
- Fold in the flour, baking powder, vanilla bean paste and finally the yogurt.
- Scrape into the lined traybake tin, gently distribute the fruit on top, sprinkle over a tablespoon of caster sugar and the flaked almonds.
- Put straight into the preheated oven to bake for about 35-40 minutes.