- 150ml sunflower oil
- 225g self raising flour
- 2tsp baking powder
- 140g muscovado sugar
- 140g pumpkin grated
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1tbsp milk
For the frosting and filling
- 225g mascarpone cheese
- 225g icing sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- Roasted pumpkin seeds
- Pre heat oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Take two shallow 20cm/8in cake tins that have been brushed with hot butter and lined with greaseproof paper.
- Peel the pumpkin and de-seed it. Put the seeds in the oven for 25 minutes to roast, then sprinkle with caster sugar when cooled.
- Mash the bananas.
- Put the ingredients into a bowl and mix into a paste. Put the past into the cake tins and pop into the oven for 30 minutes.
- Leave to cool before then make the cream cheese filling and frosting.
- Lightly whip the mascarpone cheese until it goes fluffy, than add the vanilla pod after the seeds have been removed.
- Add the icing sugar and continue whisking until light, fluffy and uniform in texture. Fill and cover the top of the cake once it’s cooled, and add pumpkin seeds for decoration.