- 1 and a 1/2 pints of milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 110g sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp butter
- 110g raisins (or a mix of raisins and sultanas)
- 7 slices bread
- Pre-heat the oven to 170C/Gas Mark 3.
- Get a large oven proof baking dish and rub the butter around it.
- Butter each of the slices of bread on one side only.
- Line the bottom and sides of the dish with the buttered bread, buttered side up. Cover as much of the bowl as possible but try to leave 2 or 3 slices of bread to one side.
- Mix the milk, sugar, eggs, raisins and sultanas, cinnamon, vanilla and salt. Once this is done pour the mixture over bread.
- Place the remaining pieces of buttered bread on top, try to submerge these by pressing on them.
- Allow the bread and butter pudding to stand for around 30 minutes.
- Cover the bread and butter pudding and then place in the oven and bake for up to 30 minutes.
- Take off the lid and cook for another 30 minutes until top becomes golden in colour.
Last edited: 25 February 2019 at 13:55
Have your say
Be the first to comment