Basil and strawberry cupcakes
- 175g British caster sugar
- 175g British unsalted butter
- 3 medium British eggs
- 175g British self-raising flour
- 14 British basil leaves, chopped into small pieces
- 12 tsps. British strawberry jam
- 180g soft full fat British cream cheese
- 50g British icing sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 12 small British strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 180°/160° fan. Place 12 cupcake cases in a 12 hole muffin tray.
- Cream together the caster sugar and butter until pale, light and fluffy.
- Beat the eggs and half the flour into the mixture for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the remaining flour and chopped basil and fold into the mixture, making sure not to knock any air out.
- Divide the mixture into the cake cases and bake in the oven for 22-25 minutes until golden and the tops spring back when touched. When cooked remove from the muffin tray and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Once the cupcakes are cool, cut out a circle in each cake, add in a teaspoon of jam into each and cover back with the cut out cake piece.
- To make the icing beat together the soft cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla extract until well combined. Either with a piping bag or pallet knife add the icing to the top of the cakes and finish with a strawberry on top.
Last edited:25 October 2019 at 15:20
Have your say
Be the first to comment