Serves: 12 muffins
- 200g of strawberries
- 3 tbsp of chia seeds
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 1 vanilla pod
- 300g of ground almonds
- 300ml of full fat coconut milk (from a can)
- 2 organic freer range eggs
- 1 Pinch of sea salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 4 tbsp honey
- 1 vanilla pod scraped
- Preheat oven to 180° C
- To make the muffins mix the almonds, salt and baking soda together in a bowl. In another bowl, mix the coconut milk, eggs, honey and 1 vanilla pod scraped. Combine together and pour the mixture into muffin paper holders, but only fill them 2/3 full as they will rise.
- Bake the muffins for 20 minutes until just cooked through and golden on top.
- While the muffins are baking put the strawberries, honey and vanilla bean pod in a blender and puree until smooth. Pour into a bowl and stir in the chia seeds. Let this sit for 15 minutes stirring every 5 until it thickens into a jam like consistency.
- Top the muffins with the strawberry jam and enjoy.
Recipe courtesy of Seasonal Berries. You'll find more delicious strawberry recipes at www.seasonalberries.co.uk