If you're looking for a quick and easy meal that will feed all the family you can't go wrong with our spring onion and feta frittata recipe. (You'll find a list of seasonal British produce in the Great British Larder.)
Preparation time: 7 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 200g new potatoes
- 6 spring onions, trimmed
- 1 thick slice carved ham, torn into pieces
- 1 tbsp oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 60g feta style cheese, crumbled
- 6 mint leaves, chopped
- Cube the potatoes into bite-sized chunks and parboil in water for 5–7 minutes.
- Add the spring onions to the water for the last minute of cooking then drain.
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized frying pan, add the potatoes, spring onions and ham pieces and toss in the oil.
- Tip in the beaten eggs and stir a couple of times to coat and incorporate everything.
- Sprinkle the feta and mint on top and allow to cook gently for 8–10 minutes until cooked halfway through. Meanwhile, heat the grill to hot.
- Move the pan under the grill to cook from the top for 5–8 minutes until the frittata is golden and cooked through.