With the spring weather finally here, and another bank holiday on the horizon, there is no better time to explore the great British outdoors, especially with your four-legged friend.
You can help keep the countryside a safer and cleaner place by picking up after your dog. That’s why we’ve teamed up with Dicky Bag™ to provide you with a solution for carrying your dog’s poo with you until you come across a bin.
Our beautiful British countryside is cared for and enhanced by our hardworking British farmers. To ensure that everybody can enjoy the beautiful British countryside, we've put together some tips to enjoy the countryside safely
5 top tips to enjoy the British countryside responsibly
- Dog poo is not only unpleasant for other walkers, but it can spread disease too, so bag it and bin it to help prevent disease spreading.
- Your dog can scare or harm farm animals, so help keep livestock safe by keeping your dog on a lead around livestock.
- Keep to the footpath wherever possible
- Don’t panic or run if cattle approach you – stay calm and walk quickly and quietly around the herd
- Help keep your pet and farm animals safe by following your vet’s advice on worming