Play your part to make sure British food and farming are at the top of the political agenda
As a loyal Back British Farming supporter, there are lots of ways you can play your part to bang the drum for British farming ahead of the general election.
Did you know that the UK food and farming sector is worth a staggering £108 billion to our economy – more than the aeronautical and automotive manufacturing sectors combined – and represents around 3.9 million jobs?
What can I do?
Share our manifesto
- Write/email your prospective parliamentary candidate and enclose a copy of our manifesto.
We’re asking the future government to do more to tackle important issues facing British farmers - read a summary of our manifesto asks here.
Show your support on social media
- Add our #BackBritishFarming Twibbon to your social media profile
- Show your support by uploading our cover photo to your Twitter and Facebook profile
- Share our social media image
Continue to buy local food
Choosing British food means you are buying quality ingredients produced by hardworking British farmers. But buying British food is sometimes easier said than done. Luckily, we’re here to help.
Check out our:
- buying guides for the latest information on sourcing policies for own-brand food products;
- seasonality chart to help you buy seasonal British fruit and veg;
- labelling information to help you identify what to look for on food and drink packaging.
Visit a farm on Sunday 11 June
- The hard work doesn't stop after the election. It's just as important to show your support after polling day. Encourage your nearest and dearest to visit a local farm for free by telling them about Open Farm Sunday (11th June).
:: Right click on the images below and select 'save picture as' to save the image. You can then upload the images to your Facebook or Twitter cover photo to show your support.
Twitter cover photo
Facebook cover photo