This is a once in a generation chance to ensure farming’s voice is heard when it matters – as the UK government shapes our future agriculture policy. The decisions made today will impact food and farming for years to come.
You only have until 8 May 2018 to let the government know your views.
Farmers are proud to produce safe, quality food at a price affordable for everyone.
British farming has world leading standards in animal welfare and environmental protection. Our farmers are proud of these standards with farming managing more than 70 per cent of the nation’s most treasured landscapes.
British food and farming contributes £112 billion pounds to the national economy and supports jobs for more than 3.8 million people.
Here are three questions you might like to answer in your response:
- Why do you think it is so important to have successful farming businesses that focus on producing home grown food?
- Why do you think the UK needs to have a secure supply of British food post Brexit?
- What else should government do to ensure British food and farming prospers after Brexit?
- Ensure any changes arising as a result of Brexit do not affect our ability to produce home grown food at a price that is affordable for all.
- Ensure there is a trade deal that ensures British farming can compete on a level playing field.
- Ensure any food imported into the UK adheres to the same exacting standards as UK farming and food producing businesses.
- Ensure a trade deal that sees free and frictionless trade for the UK with its nearest neighbours in Europe.
- Ensure farming has the flexibility to recruit a competent and reliable workforce.
- Ensure any changes arising from Brexit that will impact on farming and British food production are worked on in partnership with the food and farming sector and that farming businesses are given the time and the right tools to manage and enable successful change.
Here's how to have your say:
Email the government and tell them why British food is so important to you.