The blackcurrant season is upon us, with the official harvest starting on 7 July. Make the most of this nutritious fruit by making your own fruit smoothie.
Summer Berry Smoothie
Preparation time: 10 mins
- 150g fresh or thawed from frozen blackcurrants
- 200g fresh or thawed from frozen strawberries, sliced in half
- 150g fresh or thawed from frozen raspberries
- 1 large banana
- 300ml milk
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- a few ice-cubes
- Place all the ingredients into a blender, and whizz until smooth.
- Serve in a large glass with a few blackcurrants or berries on top
Recipe and image: www.blackcurrantfoundation.co.uk/recipes
During July and August, The Blackcurrant Foundation is hosting a series of farm events across the UK in association with Ribena called The Big Berry Bash where consumers can understand more about blackcurrant growing, as well as enjoy some in-field entertainment and PYO. More details here: www.ribena.co.uk/events/the-big-berry-bash/