Any information on this page is correct at the date and time of writing.
Footpaths and Rights of Way
Please use the following guidance from Defra in order to stay safe when out in the British countryside:
- Stay local and use open spaces near to your home where possible – do not travel unnecessarily.
- Keep more than 1 metre apart from anyone outside your household at all times.
- If you have a garden, make use of the space for exercise and fresh air.
- Take hygiene precautions when you are outside, and wash your hands as soon as you are back indoors.
- If walking your dog in areas used by other people, you should walk your dog on a lead to ensure you can safely keep more than 1 metre away from others. You can find further guidance for pet owners here.