These tasty lamb chops are simply seasoned with salt, pepper and fresh lemon zest then grilled and brushed with a mix of maple syrup or honey, balsamic vinegar and ground cinnamon. The chops are served with a delicious tabbouleh or bulghur wheat salad.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: Under 15 mins
- 4 lamb chops or cutlets
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons good balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 2–3 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Extra lemon zest, to garnish
- Season the chops and coat with the lemon zest all over.
- Cook under a preheated moderate grill or prepared BBQ for 5–7 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix the vinegar, maple syrup or honey and cinnamon together.
- Brush the chops with the glaze on both sides. Return and cook for a further 1–2 minutes on each side.
- Garnish the chops with the extra lemon zest and serve on a bed of grained salad.