Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 8-10 minutes
- 250g strawberries, hulled
- Half-1 red chilli, halved, deseeded, finely chopped
- 2.5cm piece root ginger, peeled, grated
- 1tbsp sweet chilli dipping sauce
- 1tbsp soy sauce
- 1tsp fish sauce
- 4 salmon steaks, each about 150g
- 200g thin rice noodles
- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- 300g stir fry vegetables with bamboo shoots and water chestnuts
- 150g frozen edamame beans
- Small handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Lime wedges to serve
- Mash the strawberries in a bowl then mix with the chilli and ginger then stir in the dipping sauce, soy and fish sauces.
- Line the grill rack with foil then put the salmon steaks on top and spoon about 1tbsp of the strawberry sauce over each salmon steak. Grill for 8-10 minutes, turning over once until browned and the strawberries have made a deep coloured glaze.
- Meanwhile, add the rice noodles to a saucepan of boiling water and cook for 2-3 minutes until just tender, then drain.
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan, add the stirfry vegetables and frozen edamame beans, stirfry for 2-3 minutes. Stir in half of the strawberry sauce then add the noodles and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the remaining strawberry sauce to a small bowl, set this on a large platter, stir half the coriander into the noodles then spoon on to the platter. Break the salmon into large flakes, scatter over the noodles with the remaining coriander. Serve with line wedges, if liked.
Top tip: For steak fans, cut a grilled steak into thin slices and add to the noodles instead of the salmon flakes.
Recipe courtesy of Seasonal Berries.