The Ploughman’s toastie uses Yorkshire red cheese with ham, pickle and gherkins to pack a punch.
- 2 slices of thick white bread
- 2tsp of Yorkshire Butter
- 50g of thinly sliced Yorkshire Red Cheese
- 1 slice of Ham
- 1tbsp of Pickle
- 1 sliced Gherkin
- Preheat a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Spread one side of each slice of bread with 1 tsp Yorkshire Butter.
- Spread the pickle on one side of the bread and top with ham and the cheese the place the other slice of bread butter side up.
- Place butter-side down in the hot frying pan. Cook until the sandwich is golden brown and the cheese is melted, about 3 – 5 minutes per side.
- Top with a sliced gherkin and enjoy!