Preparation time: 10 minutes, plus chilling time
- Small head of red cabbage, shredded into thin strips
- 1 large fennel bulb, trimmed, halved and sliced thinly
- 2 large carrots, grated (squeeze out excess moisture using a clean tea towel or kitchen towel)
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 50ml fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to season
- In a large bowl, mix together the cabbage, fennel, spring onions and carrots.
- Now whisk the ginger, orange juice, oil and vinegar in a separate bowl, adding the salt and pepper once combined.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss to ensure the whole mix has been coated thoroughly.
- Cover with cling film and put in the fridge to chill for 20 to
- 30 minutes.
- Mix again before serving.