Preparation: 25 minutes
Chilling time: 2 hours
- 4 trifle sponges, about 100g in total
- 350g strawberries, sliced
- 4tbsp caster sugar
- 4tbsp Pimms, undiluted
- 425g can of reduced fat custard
- 200ml double cream
- 150g low fat natural yoghurt
- Grated rind of half an orange
- Grated rind of half a lemon
- To decorate:
- 3 strawberries, halved and a few tiny pansy flowers or lemon and orange rind curls
- Break the trifle sponges into pieces and arrange in a single layer in the base of a 1.2 litre glass dish. Arrange the strawberries on top, sprinkle with 2tbsp sugar then spoon over the Pimms.
- Spoon the custard over the top of the fruit and spread the top into an even layer.
- Whip the cream in a bowl until it just forms soft swirls then fold in the yoghurt and fruit rinds. Spoon over the custard and chill until required.
- Decorate with halved strawberries and pansy flowers or lemon and orange rind curls made with a zester just before serving.
NFU Countryside has put together a fantastic collection of recipes for our recipe book called 'Countryside Kitchen.' The book, which contains recipes and some of the stories behind the growers of the raw ingredients retails at £15.95 plus P&P. Members can buy the book for £7.95 plus P&P.
Buy your copy here