Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10–15 minutes
- 450g rhubarb,trimmed and diced
- 75g golden caster sugar
- 150ml whipping cream
- 3 tbsp stem ginger syrup
- 300ml Greek yoghurt
- 2 pieces stem ginger, finely chopped
- Sweet biscuits, to serve
- Place the rhubarb in a frying pan with the sugar and 4 tablespoons of water.
- Heat gently until the sugar dissolves, then simmer for 10–15 minutes until the rhubarb is very soft. Leave to cool.
- In a large bowl, whip the cream and stem ginger syrup until softly peaking. Fold in the yoghurt and nearly all the rhubarb and stem ginger pieces.
- Divide the fool between four serving dishes. Top with the rest of the rhubarb and ginger and serve with sweet biscuits.
NFU Countryside has put together a fantastic collection of recipes for our recipe book called 'Countryside Kitchen.' The book, which contains recipes and some of the stories behind the growers of the raw ingredients retails at £15.95 plus P&P. Members can buy the book for £7.95 plus P&P.
Buy your copy here